Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Galaxy Nails!

I have posted this on Twitter and Facebook about a week ago when I did this set of galaxy nails for myself, and I would like to thank everyone for liking it! I like this set a lot too! I have always wanted to try doing galaxy nails, but I am extremely lazy and, uninspired most of the time, thus sporting less elaborate nail designs most of the time. But I finally plucked my courage and did it, and I am quite satisfied with it too! On with the pictures!


This is the picture I posted up on Twitter and Facebook. I took it in the lift when I was heading out to do my hair. Out of topic, I have red highlights now and love it! 

As you can see from the picture, I "cheated" and did planet nails in between the galaxy nails, because I was afraid that I will fail somewhere! Planets do fit in the theme too, yes? Haha! 


Another angle to show nearly all my fingers! I used different colors as you can see, and my right thumb looks like the galaxy exploded, oops! It's not as difficult as it looks, just patience and visualising the kind of image that you want to portray! Having images as references make it easier too! There are tons of tutorials out there so I shall not bore you further!


Last picture of the day! I like my pinkies the most actually!

Polishes I used:
China Glaze - Smokes and Ashes : This is my base color! 
China Glaze - Fairy Dust : To layer on the black areas at the end to make it look more starry! 

And because I was afraid I would mess it up, I actually used acrylic colors for everything else so that if I am not happy with the look, I can just wash it off easily! The main colors I used were:
White, Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow, Pink! 
For the planets: Blue, Silver, Gold

I will be partnering Mynte Fingers this Saturday at Scape Level 4 (24 March), from 2-8pm! Do email me to book your appointments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment